The black fungus which is also known as Mucormycosis is a dangerous but very rare fungal infection. Usually, these fungal infections are caused by the mold groups called Micromycetes. The rotten wood, decaying of organic food are the main places to spreading in the environment.
Those peoples who have too much contact in an environment with fungal spores they usually infected from Black fungus.
For example, if someone takes a breath in areas with fungal spores, they have chances that they can infect by lungs and sinus infection. This fungal infection also infects your body by entering your body through any cuts like a burn or other types of skin cuts.
Types of Black fungus
- Rhino cerebral – It is mainly responsible for the infection that occurs from sinuses. After spread from sinuses, it moves towards your brain. This is the most common type of fungus, which is found in peoples with uncontrolled diabetes. Also, it spread fast if the victim person had a kidney transplant.
- Pulmonary black fungus – People who had Cancer or did an organ transplant may be common black fungus seen in that type of peoples.
- Gastrointestinal black fungus – It is mainly seen in adults as compared to young children. It is found that premature birth baby who is less than one month of age lower the immunity of the baby body and lower the ability to fight the disease and germs.
- Cutaneous black fungus – It enters the body when you have cut or surgery or burn on your skin. Usually, it is the most common black fungus.
- Disseminated black fungus – This infection occurs through the bloodstream and affects another part of the body. This infection is not as common as other fungal infections. Through the blood streamline affect the brain as well it also affects other organs such as the heart and skin.
Symptoms of Black Fungus
Symptoms of black fungus depend on where the body is contacted and where the body fungus is growing. If you have any symptoms of fungal infection, which we mention below, please contact your healthcare provider.
Symptoms of Rhino cerebral fungus
- From both sides, one-sided face become swell
- High Fever
- Too much headache
- Nasal and throat congestions
Symptoms of Pulmonary fungus
- Too much fever
- Dry Cough
- Mid Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Symptoms of Cutaneous fungus
- It looks like ulcers
- Infected area blackened
- Feeling pain
- Redness on the infected area
- Swelling around the infected area
Symptoms of Cutaneous fungus
- Mid Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
Symptoms of Cutaneous fungus
These symptoms only occur when the infected person was already feeling sick from other medical conditions. So it may be challenging to examine the patient.
Treatment of Black fungus
As we all know, this fungus is a severe infection, and the infected patient needs antifungal medicines with the best doctors’ prescriptions. It should be necessary that the infected person is treated well.
Medicines for Black Fungus treatment
- Amphotericin B (Through Veins)
- Posaconazole (Through mouth)
- Isavuconazole (Through mouth)
Doctors knows that these all medicines gives through the veins so don’t apply antifungal medicine by yourself
Risk and Prevention from Black Fungus
Who can infected from Black Fungus?
We all know Mucormycosis(Black Fungus) is new between us, so this is rare, but mostly it infected people infected by other diseases. It happens because the body lowers the ability to fight germs and illness.
Below we listed some of the disease in which Black Fungus can attack your body:
- Stiches from any surgery
- Skin burning in any incident
- Premature baby
How peoples infected from Black fungus?
Usually, peoples get infected through fungal spores which is present in the environment. Let’s take the example of a person who inhales and exhales the fungal spores’ breath or air. It has more chance he/she can be infected from it.
Or another example we can take that a person who have a skin infection and he /she is in that environment, then the fungus enters in the skin through airbag burned or scrape skin or any injury found on the skin.
How to lower the risk of Black Fungus(Mucormycosis)?
As we all know, it becomes difficult to avoid breathing in a fungal spore environment due to the availability of Black Fungus in our environment. Right now, the government has no vaccine to prevent this Fungus. It is impossible not to go into the outside environment for a people, but we can take precautions to save ourselves.
So here we listed some of the precautions to protect yourself from the environment for those who have lower and weakened immune systems.
- Always wear a mask if you live in dusty areas, like construction sites, or just avoid these places.
- Places where water is available to avoid these places like never visit water-damaged buildings and flooded areas or natural disaster.
- If you have a garden in your backyard, avoid any close contact with soil or dust.
- If anything isn’t possible, always wear a long boot while visiting your park or wooded areas.
- Always wear gloves while you handle wet or moist soil areas.
- Always use soap and hand sanitizer after working in moist and garden areas. It helps to reduce the chances of skin infection or injury too.
As we all know, This infection is a life taken infection, and it is a too severe disease. Recently the survey is conducted and found that approx. 55% of cases are found. So it can say that how rapidly it was growing.
So we are clear that a Black fungus is a group of fungus present in the environment, and it mostly attacked those who have a disease, as we have given above. Also, we suggest that for prevention, what essential steps we have to take. However, these fungi are not harmful except for weak immune systems or have a disease or illness.
Just take some precautions, as we discussed above, and the risk of this fungus becomes 0%.